Monday, August 6, 2007

Presidential Quotation. Coolidge.

Calvin Coolidge - "Silent Cal"
30th US President (1923 - 1929) - Republican

-Never go out to meet trouble. If you will just sit still, nine cases out of ten someone will intercept it before it reaches you.

-The president shouldn't do too much...And he shouldn't know too much. The president can't resign...So I constantly said to my cabinet: 'There are many things you gentlemen must not tell me. If you blunder, you can leave, or I can invite you to leave. But if you draw me into all our departmental decisions and something goes wrong, I must stay here, and by involving me, you have lowered the faith of the people in their government.'



-Well, they're going to elect that superman Hoover, and he's going to have some trouble. He's going to have to spend money. But he won't spend enough. Then the Democrats will come in and spend money like water. But they won't know anything about money. Then they will want me to come back and save money for them. But I won't do it.



-If a man can't finish his job in the daytime, he's not smart.



-I suppose I am the most powerful man in the world, but great power does not mean much except great limitations. I cannot have any freedom to go and come. I am only in the clutch of forces that are greater than I am.

No comments:

 
*please cite or link when reposting*